vrijdag 12 augustus 2011

Prague, final city



Onno is completely fed up with our journey and starts to hate every minute of it, except when we feed him, when he gets a cola, when he can sleep in or when he gets free time to game on the laptop or watch Top Gear episodes. Today his torment was complete: we woke him up at 9, went for a long walk through Prague, stopped for many pictures and navigating, walked up the Prague Castle, visited boring churches and cathedrals,walked back over the Charles Bridge back and to make this joyful day complete, we bought tickets for a violin concert for the evening.
"I'm almost 16 mom, I HATE all this." he tried to explain. "I WILL travel when I grow up and you do NOT need to take me to those boring places.You only make me hate travelling more if you keep dragging me along."

Tomorrow, we'll be heading home to Leiden. It's another 950 km drive and we can do it in one go if we want to or take a rest somewhere in Germany. We're not sure if we want to or can do.

Onno will turn 16 on Monday the 15th of August. He started the wishlist with expensive gift suggestions but has now downgraded his list; he has only one birthday wish left:
"I just want to be home on my birthday, that's my biggest wish." he said this week.
I guess, after dragging him to all those amazing and special boring places, that's the least we can do...


Charles Bridge

view from the Castle

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten